Friday, July 10, 2009

Quote Quilts

So I am going to list a few of the ideas I have for the next blankets I am going to make. Some have picture ideas...but some are just quotes.
If you have any ideas feel free to throw me a comment.
1] Rasputin theme: The quote is “God has seen your tears and heard your prayers. Fear not, the child will not die.” It is actually the only quote I could find from Rapsputin.
I was thinking of just making it a giant portrait maybe focusing on the eyes (although I thought that might be a little intense)
2] This quote is from Animal Collective:
"I was supposedly leaking the most interesting colors." This one is pretty simple. I want a lot of colors and patterns.
Below are just the quotes I want to use:
3] Sylvia Plath: “I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again.”
4] Chuck Palahniuk:
“If I can't be beautiful, I want to be invisible.”
5] Leonard Cohen:
“Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.”


Those are just a few. I am really excited about these projects. I really like to hand stitch, but having a sewing machine would definitely speed up most of the process.

Have a wonderous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment