Tuesday, July 14, 2009

the Pain of Longing

I am convinced that is is impossible for me to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.
What did I do to deserve this punishment?
And the dreams I have whilst I am sleeping for that 1-2 hour span are so super intense. I had one yesterday where I woke up in a full on cold sweat. Today I had one about longing. I haven't felt the pain of longing in quite some time, and it displeases me.
It was some sort of situation in my dream where I had loved this person, truly loved everything about them for years and years, but I was an afterthought to them. There was a fire at the end of this dream, and I had to ask some sort of saint or monk to assist me in extinguishing it. And the saint or monk used alcohol to try and douse the fire. This boy in my dream came to scold me but then kissed me. It was so powerful in my dream I couldn't breathe.
Then I woke up.
I could spend hours upon hours trying to decode such a dream, but I am fully aware that doing so would get me no more farther in my life or understanding myself than I already am.

Why is it that the word "I" is capitalized but "you" isn't?
See you all later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment