Wednesday, September 2, 2009

if you are fire i must be wood

So here is the deal, I love my friends.

I wish this whole work thing gave me more time to work on my art. It definitely has been lacking lately and I have been reduced to scribbles on post-its with witty sayings like: "I just love peep toes"
I want to have something valid to show you guys but I am just all sorts of mentally exhausted. But after one good agreeance and a wonderful pep talk I feel much better about things in a general sense.

Let me tell you a story. When I was younger, oh about 12 or 13 I decided that I WAS Joan of Arc. I mean, I didn't think I was the current Joan of Arc functioning in the future. No, I was the reincarnation of Joan of Arc, sort of a past life deal.
I donned a hospital bathrobe given to me by my best friend's mother (because I wanted to own something of hers) and declared my right to conquer in the name of the Lord.
I would wear this robe to school everyday, and it would make me brave.
Now that I am older I have realized that I could never have been Joan of Arc. I don't hold the sway of the room nor do I posses the sheer braver one must have to be a warrior.
But I wish I still held that innocence and that freedom to proclaim outright who I am (or think I am). I want to stand next to Queen Nefertiti with dignity and pride and let everyone know "This is me." Even if I have to pretend I am someone else.



Shen.

No comments:

Post a Comment